9 TRIGGERS FOR ACTION
- First you want to change. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -Anais Nin
- You are inspired by an idea, a goal, a thought, a person, a dream.
- You understand that when you improve yourself there is a ripple effect for the positive both personally, for your work and for the company as a whole.
- You want to figure out for yourself, how you are going to deal with various situations and challenges that come across your path.
- You realize your character and values form an important foundation of how you interact with the world. The decisions of today and tomorrow are built on the character and values I developed yesterday and today.
- Your eyes are focused forward to where you want to go
- You realize the importance of listening to yourself and to those around you.
- You realize the importance of the daily implementation of habits and the conscious choice of your thoughts. This is where you begin to build the new actions, beliefs, and habits.
- You love having a coach
- It is a confidential place where you can talk and work through situations and ideas with no professional implications
- You have someone who believes in you, is an encourager yet calls a spade a spade
- You have someone who asks you powerful questions you may not ask yourself or want to ask yourself
- You give yourself permission to look at something from a different perspective
- You know the power of being held accountable
- You want to create intentional time for self-development
Summing it up in the words of John Maxwell, “Every influential leader puts time into Self Development as one of their key priorities. If they are not developing as a person and as a professional, how can they expect those around them to develop.”